Biddeford + Saco
RIVER JAM FESTIVAL
Friday & Saturday
September 20 & 21, 2019
NO ADMISSION — FREE!
Heart of Biddeford, along with the support of amazing partners and sponsors, is working to make the 2019 River Jam Festival the best celebration of life on the Saco River!
Join us in the heart of Biddeford downtown and mill districts for FREE family fun, great music, food trucks, entertainment and much more!
Enjoy a weekend of music, arts, and outdoor events, with something for everyone! Friday night’s kickoff, Fringe Fest, is co-produced by local arts organization Engine and the Heart of Biddeford. Saturday’s River Jam Fest is the Heart of Biddeford’s signature event of the year. All of it is free to attend.
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2019:
5-9 p.m. Fringe Fest. Join us for the Fringe Fest, a celebration of community in downtown Biddeford to kick off River Jam weekend! Enjoy art, beer, music, food, and more, right on Main Street! The event starts at 5 p.m. on Main Street & Shevenell Park. You can enjoy a beverage from one of Biddeford’s Breweries, sample food from local restaurants, participate in a variety of activities and dance to live music.
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 21, 2019:
DAYTIME, Mechanics Park, Water Street in Biddeford
8 a.m. River Jam 5K Road Race
10 a.m. Dash to the Sea Kayak Race
1-3 p.m. Try a Boat Ride on the Saco River
Noon-4 p.m. Family Fun in Mechanics Park. Annual watermelon seed spitting contest, Engine’s Maker’s Market, Kid’s games, BBQ and entertainment. Sign up for a chartered Boat ride on the Saco River, a historic Main Street walking tour or Mills Museum tour – watch our website for information on times and signing up!
In the EVENING, in Mechanics Park, Water Street in Biddeford
Music continues and folks can enjoy the Beer Tent & Food from a variety of delicious locations!!
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Matt Loosigian: Matt is a dynamic, spirited performer who gets all the kids up and dancing.
- 2:15 – 3:30 p.m. Joan Kennedy Band: Encompassing a career which has spanned more than 3 decades, Canadian born & raised singer/songwriter Joan Kennedy has accumulated more accolades and awards than most. She’s recorded 6 albums with MCA & Koch International, toured Canada, USA, & Europe, starred in a 2-season television series and was 2nd to only Garth Brooks in the 1990’s as Canadian Country Music Radio’s most played artist.
- 4:00 – 5:15 p.m. Samuel James: With a voice of grit and gravel, roots musician Samuel James sings with an authenticity lost in time. A modern guitar master, James’ skill has a depth and range that seems impossible for a man with only two hands.
- 5:45 – 7:00 p.m. The Youngerbloods: Funk, Soul, R&B that will make you want to dance! We play a mix of vintage classics and original songs that will uplift & inspire audiences of all ages. They’ll thrill you and make you want to twist the night away! They’re The Youngerbloods!
- 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. Kenya Hall: Leaning heavily on Soul, Hip Hop, Funk, and the seed of what makes a rock and roll artist — Kenya is here to deeply inspire and elevate the world around her.
There is no gate fee to enter and enjoy any of the events thanks to funding from the City of Biddeford and Presenting Sponsors Biddeford Savings, Pepperell Mill Campus, and Saco & Biddeford Savings.
Fringe Fest Presenting Sponsors are Town & Country Federal Credit Union and GWI.
The River Jam Gold Sponsors are City Theater, Fathom, Journal Tribune, Lincoln Mill, Keep it Local, Port Property Management, Prime Motor Group, Saco Mill#4, Suger, and the University of New England. River Jam’s Silver and Bronze Sponsors are Tulu Salon as well as Saco Valley Credit Union and Think Tank Biddeford.
The 5K Road Race is Presented by Oak Point Associates and Fiber Materials, Inc., with support from Hobson & Co., Metta Studios, P&C Insurance, PeoplesChoice Credit Union, Forever Fit, Time & Tide Coffee and Thyme & Honey Bakery.
River Jam is hosted by Heart of Biddeford in partnerships by Engine, along with support from the City of Biddeford, Biddeford+Saco Chamber, and Saco Main Street.