Fringe Fest is a performing arts-laced evening, produced by Engine: Propelling the Creative Community in partnership with the Heart of Biddeford…two downtown organizations coming together to build community via the arts! Join us in a celebration of community in downtown Biddeford to kick off River Jam weekend! Enjoy art, beer, music, food, and more, right on Main Street!
Fringe Fest will take place on Main Street between Alfred and Washington Streets. Paid parking in all City lots but surface streets free and unrestricted after 4pm.
What is Fringe Fest?
Fringe Fest is focused on the performing arts. Fringe gives a spotlight to theater, dance, puppetry, music, visual arts, and spoken word. Fringes don’t have a focus on one single discipline or genre, but are an arts smörgåsbord!
The event starts at 5 p.m. on Main Street & Shevenell Park. You can enjoy a beverage from one of Biddeford’s Breweries, sample food from local restaurants, participate in a variety of activities and dance to live music.
2019 UP-MAIN STAGE ON WASHINGTON & MAIN:
- 5:00pm-5:30pm: TBD
- 6:00pm-7:00pm: DJ Jon & KPOP Dance Party
- 7:30pm-9:00pm: Ruby Yacht Artists’ Guild with milo and crew
LO-MAIN STAGE ON ALFRED & MAIN:
- 5:00pm-9:00pm: Improv Soundscape Experience
- 7:00pm-7:30pm: City Theater and Engine Theater Youth (during a break)
ROAMING OR STATIONERY ACTIVITIES:
- 5:00pm until the pies run out: FREE Pie Luck: A Potluck of Pies at Fringe Fest (yes, a Potluck of Pies!)
- Lumenarrt Projection Installation
- Before I Die Wall / http://ritualfields.com/project/before-i-die/
- Artisan Market vendors
FOOD VENDORS & RESTAURANTS