We’ll take over the Main Stage on Saco Island (the lot behind Run of the Mill) on Friday, Sept. 15, for a show that will feature six amazing young-ish bands, battling for a great prize package to include a professionally produced music video and song recording, as well as $500 cash!! Come cheer on your favorite band to increase their chances of winning the grand prize!
We’ll have food for sale but Friday night’s Battle of the Bands is set up for younger musicians and their fans, so we wont have beer tents set up on Saco Island that night.
Guidelines: [Application has been closed]
- Applications are still open, so apply right away while a few spots remain!
- Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis, or by Sept. 7
- All genres accepted
- A maximum of seven (7) bands will compete
- At least half of the band members must be 25 or under
- No solo acts or karaoke
- Selected bands will play a four (4) song set (not to exceed 22 minutes performing)
- Grand Prize is a professionally produced in-studio audio and digital recording (thanks to Bottom of the River Sound and Yesah Digital) and $500. Second Prize is $250
- Must provide own instruments, but the stage will be fully equipped with sound, lights, and monitors.
- Criteria for selection will include: musical quality, performance quality, and originality. Original music is seen as a positive, but it is not required.